OR CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
What It Is:
Tribes Learning Community has designed a capacity building model for professional development so that your district or school can have your own certified Tribes TLC® trainer.
Why You Want It:
Tribes TLC® trainers provide on-going training, coaching and support to teachers, administrators, resource personnel and parent community groups. Schools or districts that host a Training of district Trainers enjoy a complimentary participant fee.
How It Works:
Those qualified to become licensed trainers attend an extensive Training of Trainers (TOT) session and receive quality training materials. A TOT is a five-day, 40-hour intensive course.
The purpose of the Tribes Training of District Trainers (TOT) is to train experienced teachers and administrators who have used the Tribes Learning Community process in their classrooms or administrative positions for at least one school calendar year, to train other teachers and administrators within their school districts.
Upon completion of the TOT, participants will:
- Be confident of their abilities to effectively facilitate the Tribes TLC® Basic training plan
- Understand how to handle difficult issues and situations that may arise within their school communities
- Have assessed their skills as trainers in order to commit to specific goals for professional development
- Have developed a plan to gain support and cooperation for the immediate and extended use of Tribes in their district
- Understand their on-going relationship with CenterSource Systems, LLC.
- Successfully complete a Tribes TLC® Basic, Middle School, or High School Training, and provide a copy of your certificate to CenterSource Systems
- Implement the Tribes process in your classroom or school for at least one school calendar year
- Have the support and a letter of recommendation from the District/School Administration
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a Certified Tribes Trainer, supporting you to become a Tribes trainer
- Hold a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university and a credential for teaching, administration, counseling or other education-related field
- Have the confidence, skills, background, knowledge and dedication to be a Certified Tribes Trainer for your school and district and for CenterSource Systems.
Hosting a TOT:
Hosting a Tribes Training of Trainers brings well-deserved recognition to your school, district, board, or university for the work that you have already done or are planning to do to bring academic, social and emotional learning to your students and school communities. We are inviting you to consider hosting a Tribes TOT at your school, district, board, or university. Below are a few things to consider —
- CenterSource has refined making TOT arrangements over the years so that things go smoothly. The host school, district, or university would not have to put out any dollars, other than a bit of time to help with some communication and logistics.
- In return for your assistance, the host school, district, or university would receive one free registration for a qualified TOT applicant (current value = $1350 USD).
- It is best to hold the TOT as close to a major city as possible in order to reduce travel costs for people who fly in from other areas.
- We would need a core group of 12-16 from the local area, after which we could fill in with participants from other regions.
- We would need a room for 5 days for the event — Monday through Friday, from 7:30 am – 5 pm. The room will need to be large enough for 36 people (up to 34 participants and 2 Staff Trainers) to comfortably move chairs into a community circle, 5 tribes, and other various groupings. A training room, large library, gym, cafeteria, or multi-purpose room would be fine. Carpet is nice to dampen sound, but not necessary. It is best not to have tables for participants, but just chairs that can be moved around.
- We prefer to use a training room without a fee, of course, in order to help keep the registration fee at a reasonable cost for participants.
- The CenterSource TOT Staff Trainers bring their own computers, PowerPoint projectors, etc. We ship all books, materials, markers, etc. We would only need you to provide a projection screen, 2 easels, chart paper, and a few other AV needs.
- We would need a reference to a reasonably-priced caterer, who we would work with and pay directly.
- Likewise, we would need a reference to a reasonably-priced hotel for people coming from out of the area. We try to negotiate a good room rate, but participants make and pay for their own reservations.
- CenterSource sends out applications and collects all registrations, which are reviewed by our screening committee.
- We also send out an announcement on our mailing list, and provide a flyer that can be forwarded to educators in your district.
Just Announced!! Special TOT Event
After School / Youth Development Programs
This year we are offering a 4-day Training of Trainers for anyone previously trained in Tribes who would like to facilitate Tribes TLC training in their after school or youth development program. Upon completion of this event, trainers would be authorized to facilitate our newly revised 24-hour Tribes TLC course for out-of-school providers within their service region.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION:
CSS recommends that schools or districts send at least 2 qualified people to the TOT, whenever possible. TOT applicants must be experienced administrators, teachers or resource people who:
- Have successfully completed the Tribes TLC ® 12-hour After School / Youth Development Course or the 24-hour Basic, Middle School or High School Course facilitated by a Certified Tribes TLC® Trainer.
- Are respected members of their school, agency and/or district community.
- Will provide a letter of recommendation from an administrator and/or a letter of recommendation from their Tribes TLC® Trainer along with a copy of their official Tribes TLC® training Certificate of Completion.
- Have the confidence, skills, background, knowledge and dedication to be a Tribes TLC® trainer for their agency, school or district.
Enrollment is limited; workshop will be filled on a “first approved” basis to a maximum of 20 participants.
2019 A.S. TOT VENUE
Fort Monroe, Virginia
August 12-15, 2019
Hosted by Alternatives Inc.
Please download the Registration packet and application TODAY!
2019_AS_TOT_Application.docx (4.8 MiB, 43 hits)
Have a question about the TOT? Let us know using the form below.