SEE 2013 TOT SCHEDULE BELOW!
What It Is:
CenterSource Systems, LLC has designed a capacity building model for professional development so that your district or school can have your own certified Tribes TLC® trainer.
Why You Want It:
Tribes TLC® trainers provide on-going training, coaching and support to teachers, administrators, resource personnel and parent community groups. Schools or districts that host a Training of district Trainers enjoy a complimentary participant fee.
How It Works:
Those qualified to become licensed trainers attend an extensive Training of Trainers (TOT) session and receive quality training materials. A TOT is a five-day, 40-hour intensive course.
The purpose of the Tribes Training of District Trainers (TOT) is to train experienced teachers and administrators who have used the Tribes Learning Community process in their classrooms or administrative positions for at least one school calendar year, to train other teachers and administrators within their school districts.
Upon completion of the TOT, participants will:
- Be confident of their abilities to effectively facilitate the Tribes TLC® Basic training plan
- Understand how to handle difficult issues and situations that may arise within their school communities
- Have assessed their skills as trainers in order to commit to specific goals for professional development
- Have developed a plan to gain support and cooperation for the immediate and extended use of Tribes in their district
- Understand their on-going relationship with CenterSource Systems, LLC.
- Successfully complete a Tribes TLC® Basic, Middle School, or High School Training, and provide a copy of your certificate to CenterSource Systems
- Implement the Tribes process in your classroom or school for at least one school calendar year
- Have the support and a letter of recommendation from the District/School Administration
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a Certified Tribes Trainer, supporting you to become a Tribes trainer
- Hold a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university and a credential for teaching, administration, counseling or other education-related field
- Have the confidence, skills, background, knowledge and dedication to be a Certified Tribes Trainer for your school and district and for CenterSource Systems.
2013 TOT SCHEDULE:
July 8-12, 2013
Hosted by Claughton Middle School
Spring Independent School District
Registration Deadline – EXTENDED TO MAY 31st
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
July 29-August 2, 2013
Hosted by George Webster Elementary School
Toronto District School Board
Registration Deadline – June 10
Download your TOT Application Today!
Adobe Acrobat Format:
2013_TOT_Registration_Packet.pdf (641.2 KiB, 310 hits)
Microsoft Word Format:
2013_TOT_Registration_Packet.doc (2.7 MiB, 177 hits)
Would you like us to email the TOT application packet to you? Let us know in the form below.