Did you know that you can now take the Basic 24-hour course online?!
Over the past three months, we have offered a two-week, 24-hour course. About 2/3 of the course is done in the ‘forum’, where students post reflections, applications, and creations based on assignments that include reading and various media links. The other 1/3 of the course takes place in our virtual classroom, where we can see and hear one another as we experience Tribes strategies and conversation.
We are excited to share some feedback and reviews of our latest Tribes TLC course:
- The great part about this course is everything feels so new and refreshing. I come from a background of teaching high school Math. So when I learned Math, and when I learned how to teach Math, classes all looked the same, some lecture, some practice homework questions, some quizzes then some tests, and repeat. There were some activities sprinkled in there like think- pair-shares, “collaborative” learning. But nothing like this, this stuff is gold!
- My brain is exploding, but I am ready to pull out my daybook and start planning for the first few weeks of school.
- This course was facilitated so well and it was an experience that will certainly transform my teaching and learning. I felt that this was all very applicable.
- This course taught me more than one three times as long!
- The Tribes process was thoroughly taught in this online forum and virtual classroom meetings. I feel I learned just as much as I would have in a face-to-face environment.
- I could work at my own pace and complete the forum assignments when it fit into my schedule.
If you, or someone you know, is interested in participating in our new BOC (Basic Online Course), check out this link!