The Tribes Learning Community parent program is designed to engage up to 30 parents in 3 participatory evening meetings, each 2 hours long. There are three modules that cover what we consider to be the basic knowledge that parents need in order to understand Tribes Learning Communities in their preschool, elementary, middle school or secondary school. The training plan is written to be co-facilitated by a Certified Tribes Trainer and a Tribes-trained lead teacher.
Goal: To have school parents learn about and experience the Tribes Active Learning process that teachers of the school are using to maximize students’ academic learning and their human development in all of their wholeness and unique potential.
Overall Course Objectives:
- Gain knowledge and experience ways in which teachers are creating ideal learning cultures and using effective ways to assure success in learning for all in their classrooms.
- Understand how the support of all aspects of their student’s development is important for his or her academic achievement… and well being in life.
- Experience how and why students’ motivation and academic learning increases when working actively together in collaborative small groups (teams or tribes).
- Discover how to use the positive culture, collaborative strategies and caring process in their homes.
- Enjoy sharing and becoming acquainted with other parents also committed to readying their children for meaningful purpose and well-being in today’s world.
Module 1 Objectives
- Recognize why student centered active learning is essential for excellence in education today.
- Learn why education today is focusing on children’s whole development as well as their academic learning.
- Learn about and also experience the well known research-based process, known as “Tribes Learning Communities” that now being used in our school.
- Become acquainted with each other and discover how to use many of the ideas and strategies at home.
Module 2 Objectives
- Experience how new students quickly gain inclusion and a sense of belonging in a Tribes classroom.
- Discover the many researched benefits of group learning.
- Enjoy participating in active learning strategies.
- Learn how the stages of the Tribes TLC community building process contribute to students’ individual development.
- Consider the importance for teachers and parents to recognize the many different ways in which children and youth learn.
Module 3 Objectives
- Discover in viewing the brief video “Creating Futures of Promise” how positive school and home environmental factors support the development of life-long resiliency in children.
- Learn a series of helpful communication, decision making and problem solving strategies to use at home.
- Enjoy observing students and their teachers demonstrate how Tribes active learning strategies make learning academic topics meaningful and memorable.
Order your Parent Program Training Materials today!
Call the office (800-810-1701) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order your plan.
Only $75 (plus shipping).