Free the Children – from Me to We to the World –
Reaching All through Tribes Learning Communities
An exciting partnership has been established between two entities that have had a significant impact in schools and communities around the world for many years. These two organizations have a synergy that provides a framework for social development and social change. We thought it was time to unite and share the best of what is with schools and organizations across the globe.
Free The Children, an international charity and education partner, and Tribes Learning Community, both believe in creating inclusive and caring communities to empower educators and students around the world. Through Free The Children’s domestic education program, We Schools, youth and educators are empowered to become agents of social change, and through Tribes Learning Community process, educators are equipped with the strategies to foster collaborative skills and resiliency in their students.
This newly formed partnership will:
- Create positive school and community cultures that result in the development of young people that care about each other, the local community around them and ultimately the world.
- Teach respect, attentive listening, and gratitude for others, and build relationships founded on compassion and understanding so that students are more likely to demonstrate positive behaviors (e.g. cooperation, empathy)
- Empower students with the skills that enable students to become active local and global citizens and powerful agents of social change by focusing on human development
- Instill the values of critical thinking, knowledge about pressing social issues and an understanding about the impact of every individuals’ actions and choices on the people, communities and world around them and engage learners in the art of reflection
- Promote the ‘We School’ and Tribes TLC learning framework to build learning goals to reach the three main outcomes of increased academic achievement, improved university and workplace readiness and active citizenship amongst youth around the world.
- Celebrate the power of young people to change the world.
What can you do?
Learn More about Free the Children
*Please note that some Free the Children programs are going through a rebranding process and some of the language you will encounter is not yet consistent. The quality and integrity of our program will remain constant but the look and names will be shifting.
- Check out this VIDEO that highlights the origins and the current work of Free the Children.
- Check out the We Schools Program (formerly We Act)
- Check out WE.ORG for details about the ABC Broadcast of We Day – August 21st at 8 pm. This television extravaganza will give you some insight into one element of our program and some of the impacts the We Schools Program is having on young people around the USA. It is something for you to share with your family and friends!
Become a We Schools Leader
- After learning about the We Schools Program, register for the program online. We will email and ship you all of the resources you need to become a We School and start making a change in your students, your local community and your global community.
- If you are in a We Day city (or close by) we would love to have you attend – Registering for the program, completing a local and a global action and submitting your reports will earn you and your students tickets to the event. Not in a We Day City? Watch them streamed live online with your students!
- Get your school board/district involved! We partner with districts to help you get access to increased resources such as Service Learning Professional Development, increased opportunities to get involved with service projects and priority access to Free the Children resources.
Have other questions about our programming? Contact us email@example.com
Have questions about the Tribes/Free the Children Partnerships?